This brochure written by the South Carolina Society of Professional Land Surveyors (SCSPLS) and can aid you in determining the type of Land Survey you need.



Land Surveyors & Engineers are required to be licensed in each State in which they work.  In addition to individual licenses the company for which the Land Surveyor works must also be registered.  For more information follow the links to the states where Cornerstone does business:

South Carolina        North Carolina        Georgia


Here are some local agencies that you may find helpful:    

Berkeley        Charleston        Dorchester 

       Charleston (City)        Summerville        North Charleston        Mt Pleasant

Berkeley County Water & Sanitation Authority        Charleston Water System      Summerville CPW 


To determine how  far your property is located from a SC Control Monument and/or Benchmark use the following:

SCGS Database        South Carolina Geodetic Survey       National Geodetic Survey


For Information concerning the Surveying Requirements for Flood Insurance please go to:

National Flood Insurance Program           SC Flood Mitigation Program


For Information on ALTA/ACSM Survey requirements please go to:



Additional information about Surveying can be obtained from the following professional organizations:

South Carolina Society of Professional Land Surveyors

North Carolina Society of Surveyors

Surveying & Mapping Society of Georgia

National Society of Professional Land Surveyors

American Congress of Surveying & Mapping